The mission of the Urban Land Institute is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. The mission of the Westchester/Fairfield District Council is to enhance the experience of the ULI local members by bringing national meetings content and contacts to the local level. The District Council will strive to provide a local platform for ULI members which is open, friendly, easy to access and that encourages educational enrichment, personal development and networking opportunities.
To accomplish these goals, the Westchester/Fairfield District Council will work to:
- Create sustainable organizational structure through active executive and steering committees and sponsor support.
- Provide local ULI members the opportunity to participate in District Council activities and committees.
- Provide District Council members the forum to interact with full ULI members and participate in ULI programs.
- Promote sharing of experiences and mentoring.
- Act as an unbiased resource on local land use issues and promote responsible leadership in the use of land.
- Encourage leadership development and community service.
The Westchester/Fairfield District Council places particular focus on the following “strategic initiatives,” which are particularly relevant in our region:
2) Workforce Housing/Place-making
3) Sustainable Development
ULI WCF Chair David Schiff, AICP, PP
David has 40 years of experience in public and private sector planning, serving both as a public official and as a private consultant, with particular expertise in housing, project management, master plans, zoning, downtown redevelopment plans, economic studies, environmental studies, and development economics. He held staff positions as a Planner with the Town of Islip and as Deputy Director of Community Development for the Village of Freeport. He was a founding principal of Saccardi & Schiff, Inc. from 1988 until 2010 when the firm merged with VHB Engineering, Surveying and Landscape Architecture, P.C. He now serves as a Principal in VHB’s White Plains office and ULI WCF Chair.